- 1. Are Rayovac NiMH batteries available in all sizes?
Rayovac Platinum and Standard High Energy Rechargeable Batteries are available in AA, AAA, C, D & 9V sizes. All 5 sizes can be charged with the Rayovac Universal Charger. Rayovac Everyday-Use Rechargeable Batteries are available in AA & AAA sizes. AA/AAA chargers are available for all 3 product lines.
- 2. Can Rayovac Rechargeable batteries be used in any device that takes Alkaline batteries?
Yes, you can use the comparable NiMH battery size in any device that uses alkaline batteries. For example, if you typically use AA alkaline batteries, you can use AA NiMH also.
- 3. Do Rayovac Everyday-Use and Platinum batteries need to be charged right out of the package before using them?
No. New Everyday-Use and Platinum batteries are charged and ready to use, right out of the package.
- 4. Do Rayovac Rechargeable batteries have to be fully drained before recharging because they have "memory"?
No. There are absolutely no memory problems with Rayovac Rechargeable batteries. They can be recharged after a few hours of use or when convenient, with no effect on performance or battery life.
- 5. Do Rayovac Rechargeable Batteries need to be charged in a Rayovac brand charger?
No, all Rayovac Rechargeable Batteries can be charged in any charger. However, Rayovac chargers are recommended.
- 6. Do Rayovac Rechargeable batteries need to be charged in a special charger?
No--Rayovac Rechargeable batteries will charge in any charger that can charge NiMH batteries, even a charger that you already own.
- 7. How many times can Rayovac's Rechargeable NiMH batteries be recharged?
They can be recharged hundreds of times! That is why using Rayovac's Rechargeable batteries can result in significant cost savings over any alkaline on the market.
- 8. The batteries get warm during charging. Is this okay?
Yes. The batteries will get warm during charging but will cool quickly after recharging. This is a normal occurrence and no cause for concern.
- 9. What do you recommend in place of Hybrid Rechargeable Batteries?
We recommend Rayovac Platinum Rechargeable Batteries for the same great performance and low self discharge technology found in Hybrid.
- 10. Why shouldn't you mix old batteries with new ones?
The performance of a battery-operated product is limited by the weakest of all the batteries in the device. One old or weak battery can cause poor product performance even if all the others are new or fully charged.